Over 31,237 Wishes Granted!
Digital Wish Grants Calendar
|Mobile Beacon Grants Access for Education
||Wi-Fi Hotspot with one year subscription to unlimited 4G LTE mobile internet service ($200 value)
||This month, Mobile Beacon Grants Access for Education begins. Every other month, we will award up to 2 wi-fi hotspots with a one year subscription to an unlimited 4G LTE Mobile Beacon Service Plan.
Set up a hotspot in your gym, cafeteria or anywhere there's a wireless dead zone in your school. You can use these 4G LTE mobile hotspots to connect up to 10 compatible computers or Wi-Fi-enabled smartphones and tablets to the Internet from any location within the 4G coverage area. The 4G LTE hotspot must be used with a subscription to Mobile Beacon's 4G LTE discount mobile broadband service for schools.
This donation provides one 4G LTE mobile hotspot ($80 value) for connecting to Mobile Beacon's 4G LTE mobile broadband internet service. Mobile Beacon internet service ($120 value) is included for a period of one year.
Expanded coverage and faster speeds - Now Mobile Beacon's new COVERAGE AREAS have expanded across the USA and internet speeds faster with greater in-building coverage. Check for coverage in your area here before applying for this grant: http://mobilebeacon.org/lte-coverage Choose the Sprint R850 Mobile Hotspot in the dropdown to check for coverage using this hotspot.
This grant can support educators in a variety of ways including:
- Integrate more technology in the classroom, including BYOD and 1-to-1 initiatives
- Create a low-cost back-up Internet source to ensure your lesson plans aren't interrupted by slow speeds or a lost Internet connection
- Meet the broadband demands of the Common Core State Standards initiative
- Provide out-of-school access to disadvantaged or at-risk students who do not have Internet access at home
- Create instant wireless access to unwired areas of your buildings
- Keep teachers, faculty, staff or students connected during field trips, sporting events, and other off-campus activities
- Provide out-of-school mobile Internet access to teachers and staff to stay connected remotely and increase professional development opportunities
|Digital Citizenship and Cyber Safety - January
||Digital Citizenship IT Curriculum Unit Package ($199.00 value)
||Submit a lesson plan on cyber safety or digital citizenship and qualify for one of our Digital Citizenship IT Curriculum Unit Package awards.
Digital Citizenship, the first unit in the 1:1 IT Curriculum series, provides clear instruction on cyber safety. Students will be well-prepared to use technology every day in a safe, respectful, and responsible way.
The Digital Citizenship Unit comes to you electronically in a clear, easy to navigate format that you can use throughout your school every year. Presentations to use along with this Unit's lessons are accessed through a secure portal on Digital Wish's website.
Digital Citizenship Unit contains an instructor preparation checklist and four important lessons:
Lesson plan extensions and extra projects are included at the end of the book. One popular extra in this Unit is the Cyber Safety Poster Contest.
Submit a lesson plan on cyber safety or digital citizenship and qualify for one of our Digital Citizenship IT Curriculum Unit Package awards.
See the unit here: http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/product?id=6555
- Digital Citizens and the Internet
- Cyber Safety
- Safety Skits for Reinforcement
- Copyright in the Classroom