Vocab Videos is an online vocabulary system for students and educators that uses hilarious short videos to illustrate the meanings of 500 high value, frequently-tested SAT, ACT, & high school vocabulary words - 35% off for Digital Wish MembersWATCH the Vocab Videos Trailer!
The Vocab Videos trailer offers a fun overview of the videos and learning tools available on VocabVideos.com
!Broken down into episodes:
Vocab Videos are organized into episodes of 20 words (approximately 10 minutes each) forming 25 unforgettable miniseries! Watch clips from a few of our hilarious episodes:
About the Videos
- Two's Company: Hank and Dudley are colleagues with two very different approaches to work in an office.
- Speedwalkers: Legendary speedwalker Max Wind must battle his demons and come out of retirement for one last race against the world champion Natalio Belastracci.
- Stranded: Brett and Katie find themselves stranded on a desert island and their relationship quickly becomes strained.
- Imaginary Larry: Henry Meyerson teams up with his new ally Crabby Cakes as they try to rescue Natalie from the clutches of the evil King Alefashedes.
- Johnny Hightower: Special agent, Johnny Hightower, finds himself in a world of trouble as he is taken captive by a menacing crime lord.
- Shall We Dance?: Hoping to spice up his life Dudley enrolls in dance classes while Hank volunteers to make a documentary.
- Rumor Chick: Pamela and Kristin are jealous of Laura’s new study partner and will stop at nothing to steal him away.
- Hilarious professionally produced short videos illustrate the meanings of 500 essential SAT and high school vocabulary words
- Organized into episodes of 20 words (approximately 10 minutes), forming 25 unforgettable miniseries
- Outrageous plotlines and entertaining characters engage students and make learning fun!
- Parodies of popular TV shows like Lost, The Office, 24, and Gossip Girl connect students to the material, presenting vocabulary to them in a context they can relate to and enjoy
The vocabulary learning videos were developed by a team of SAT and standardized test experts and produced using professional actors and comedians. The vocabulary videos are organized into episodes of 20 words (approximately 10 minutes), forming short stories with memorable characters and entertaining plots.
Each video follows a structure designed to make memorizing easier, using both auditory and visual cues. A freeze frame of the vocabulary word and its definition generally start each video, while a voice-over provides the proper pronunciation and reinforces the meaning. The vocabulary word is then illustrated by the action in the video (approximately 30 seconds), and concludes with a voice-over of either the definition of the word or a sentence using the word in the context of the scene.Educator Account Features include:
- Individual student registration: register your students for individual accounts
- Teacher dashboard: monitor individual student and class progress
- Extensive suite of digital study tools: quizzes, worksheets, searchable glossary, episode flashcards
- Multimedia flashcard maker: teachers and students can create digital flashcards for ANY academic subject (review them on your computers or phones/tablets!)
- Downloadable review material: printable/PDF versions of quizzes, worksheets, and crossword puzzles
- For technical support or questions, please contact email@example.com
- If a registered user, for basic direction navigating the site, select the blue "User Handbook" button (when signed in)
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with order status inquiries