Over 31,237 Wishes Granted!
Item #: 4702 | Grades K-12
Have you ever sat down at your computer and attempted to move the mouse but it just won't budge? That pesky mouse cable often becomes tangled and can be restrictive to mouse movement. Belkin's Wireless Travel Mouse is perfect for taking on the road-no messy cables to get tangled, and more comfortable to use than your laptop's track pad.
- Connects with a simple tiny USB stick
|Lesson Plan Name
|Let's Go Batty
||1 to 3
|Students will learn about bats and how important they are to the ecosystem of Texas.
|Make a Memory with Movie Maker
||3 to 12
|Students create an original story, plan the illustrations and create an audiofile to tell the story. Put everything together on Movie Maker and you have students begging to write more.
|Exploring our World through Video
||2 to 4
|I want to allow students to use video to express their lives and the area in which they live. I also would like for them to learn how to use a camera, import video and create great projects using that video.
|Louisiana Graphs (Can be adapted)
||2 to 3
|Overview: We are studying Louisiana for the next 5-6 weeks. As part of our study, students will conduct surveys centered around Louisiana. We are also reviewing the parts of a graph and the steps in creating a graph.
|WANTED: GOOD CHARACTERS!
||2 to 4
|Students will use digital cameras and desktop publishing to recreate WANTED posters of the old Wild West. Only this time, they will be looking for good characters!
|Movies for Mothers
||P-K to 5
|Students will use photos, drawings, and videos to create a movie using Tool Factory Movie Maker as a heartwarming gift for their mother on Mother's Day.
|The Lady in the Tower
||9 to 12
|Students participate in a debate of whether not a certain character from a story is responsible for the death of one of the characters. Once a character is determined, a digital storybook is created to portray the footsteps of the character who is found guilty.
My students work from a portable classroom, so tablet would be helful with internal computer labs are not accessible.
Cross Curriculum Ideas:
Example: "Link to CNN" http://www.cnn.com
Teacher, Oscar Smith High School
1994 Tiger Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23320-6855
Edit this information
By submitting this lesson plan I agree that:
1. All lesson plans submitted become the property of Digital Wish.
2. I may submit multiple lesson plans. My lesson plan will be reviewed by one of Digital Wish's editors. If accepted, my submission may become part of Digital Wish's published online product library. Submission does not guarantee the lesson plan will be accepted and posted. All acceptance decisions will be final.
3. I am granting Digital Wish the worldwide rights to:
- Display my submissions publicly on the internet.
- Use my lesson plan in any promotional and press opportunities.
- Publish or re-distribute my lesson plans or ideas royalty-free in any product, advertisement, or publication in any format.
4. By clicking on "I agree" I am certifying that I wrote the lesson plan I am submitting, and that I own the rights to any accompanying photographs. I did not copy materials from any other source.
5. If a photograph includes a picture of a person, then a release form must accompany the entry, in order for the photograph(s) to be posted. Release forms may be faxed to 866-344-7758, or mailed to Digital Wish, PO Box 1072, Manchester Center, VT 05255-1072. Photographs submitted without an accompanying release form, will simply be excluded from the lesson plan when it's posted.
6. I understand that Digital Wish is a shared resource and everything that I submit may be copied or used by others. I am giving permission for this to occur.
|Digital Research Animal Project
||1 to 2
|Students will research an animal of choice and use an iPad app to create a trading card to inform peers of their new learning.
||3 to 5
|We will use ClassFlow, a presentation product to introduce and provide background knowledge for ELP Standard 4 of making claims and supporting them. This will be how we start the lesson which will take place over several days. My students have an influence of another language at home. I regularly use technology to help with instruction and vocabulary.
|All About Books
||1 to 2
|In our Non-fiction Writing Workshop unit, students research and study an animal using technology in order to write an "All About" book. They must find out where the animal lives (type of environment), what it eats, what it looks like, and other additional interesting facts about their animal.